SmartGrowth Strategic Advisor
Role Description - Click here
· Specialist Leadership and Technical Role
· Spatial Planning, Urban Growth and Transport Focus
The SmartGrowth partnership of Bay of Plenty Regional Council, Tauranga City Council, Western Bay of Plenty District Council, Central Government and tāngata whenua invites proposals to fill a vacancy for a Strategic Advisor role.
SmartGrowth provides a unified vision, direction and voice for the future of the Western Bay of Plenty as we develop a great place to live, learn, work and play. The SmartGrowth Strategy is focused on implementation and future thinking. It has a 50-year horizon with particular focus on the next 30 years.
The Strategic Advisor provides advise to the SmartGrowth Leadership Group made up of the SmartGrowth partnership, the Chief Executive Advisory Group, and Senior Managers Group.
The role is varied and challenging. It includes:
· Providing independent expert advice to SmartGrowth Governance, Chief Executives, senior Government officials, senior managers and Combined Tāngata Whenua Forum.
· Assessing and responding to national policy direction, legislative change, trends and research which impacts on growth management planning and delivery.
· Actively enabling and supporting integrated land-use, funding and infrastructure planning and delivery.
· Responsibility for overseeing planning, implementation and monitoring of the SmartGrowth work programme which gives effect to the strategic objectives and direction agreed through the partnership.
We are looking for someone who has strong understanding of growth management and spatial planning, excellent communication skills, and proven strategic ability. You must also have demonstrable experience in working in partnership with Tāngata Whenua, understanding of Maori values and aspirations.
The role is expected to require an average of 60- 80hours per month (over 11 months of the year). See role description below. The SmartGrowth partnership is open to receiving proposals which provide for more than one person to deliver the services jointly.
Applications are to be received no later than 2:00PM on Thursday 4 May 2023, marked ‘SmartGrowth Appointment Committee’, c/- Juanita Assink, Tauranga City Council, email@example.com